What to Write in a Retirement Card?
Make one of the most important moments in your colleagues' life a bit lighter with some funny or heartwarming messages.
Retirement is one of the most important milestones in a person's life, but it's a bittersweet moment for many. Saying goodbye to a way of life that has been known for many years doesn’t always come easily.
With that in mind, it can be difficult to know what to write in a retirement card, and how to get your message to come out right.
Some people will prefer a funny retirement card to keep the mood light, whilst others will appreciate the kindness of a warm and sentimental message.
We know that writing doesn't come easy for everyone, so we’ve gathered up a few retirement card messages to help you along the way:
Funny Things to Write in a Retirement Card
- Happy retirement! Now it really doesn't matter if the government increases the retirement age.
- Congratulations! Now you can use a senior's discount.
- You’ve managed to do something every one of us wants to - extend the weekend to five more days! Happy retirement!
- Enjoy your grandkids. Pretty soon, you'll be begging us to give you your old job back.
- We will really miss picking up all the slack for you. Now, we don't have to cover for you in front of the boss when you’re sleeping on the job.
- You are our inspiration, the living example that we have a chance of getting out of here alive.
- Everything I learned about work, I learned from you including, what time the boss arrives so that I can appear busy, how to wait until somebody brews coffee so that I can ask for a drink, and how to kill time. Thank you!
- Happy retirement! (Frankly, I am surprised that you didn't get fired first.)
Heartwarming Words to Write in a Retirement Card
If humour isn't the way you want to go, we’ve also listed some heartwarming message ideas you can add to a retirement card:
- We will miss you deeply! You are a one in a million and could never be replaced! Enjoy your retirement.
- You always put your best foot forward and we wish you the best as you retire. Happy retirement!
- We loved everything you did. Now it's your time to do what you love.
- You have left a great mark on our hearts and took a chunk away with you. We will miss you not only because of how you worked but for the person that you are.
- Everything I learned about the job, I learned from you. More importantly, you showed me the importance of professionalism, getting along with colleagues, and the graciousness of work. Thank you!
- I will always cherish our conversations at work. It is an honour to be called your friend.
- Congratulations! You have all the time in the world now. Read all of the books and watch all of your favourite films. Enjoy your new life.
- Make sure to approach your retirement with the same vigour and energy as you did your work.
- You have been looking forward to this day for a long time. We hope that it is everything you envisioned. When you get bored, you know where to find us.
- It's not an end, it's a new beginning. We wish you a wonderful retirement.
We hope these retirement message ideas have inspired you. Why not go one step further and recall a fond memory you share in your card? If you don't have a card yet, don't worry - we have a variety of retirement cards to choose from - shop our selection today.