Last Day for Posting Christmas Cards in 2020.
Every year before Christmas post offices get swamped with letters and parcels. Don't miss your chance to send your greeting cards on time.
During the Christmas season, post offices can easily get swamped. Sending Christmas greeting cards, parcels and ordering gifts online… you can only imagine. Now, add to it the fact that it’s 2020, a year in which you can’t visit anybody - it’s going to be hectic.
Every year the Royal Mail announces the last day for posting Christmas cards. But, it would be wise to post them before that day, just to be on the safe side.
Last Day for Posting Christmas Cards 2020 in the UK
The Royal Mail has recently announced the last posting dates to meet to get your Christmas cards and parcels delivered in time for the holidays. Take note of the last day for posting Christmas cards this 2020 to ensure that your loved ones receive your cards this year:
- Second Class and Second Class Signed For - December 18, Friday
- First Class and First Class Signed For - December 21, Monday
- Special Delivery Guaranteed - December 23, Wednesday
Last Day for Posting Christmas Cards to Europe
If you plan to send a card to relatives or friends in Europe, you have to send them out a bit earlier:
- Eastern Europe - December 11, Friday
- Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, Finland, Sweden - December 12, Saturday
- Denmark, Austria, Netherlands, Germany, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland - December 16, Wednesday
- France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Ireland - December 18, Friday
What about Australia & New Zealand?
Finally, the last day for posting Christmas cards to Australia and New Zealand is on December 4, Friday. Of course, this is much earlier than the posting dates for the UK and Europe since Australia is much farther and will thus require more time to get your packages delivered.
We hope you didn’t find this blog too late. And if you’re on time and still searching for Christmas cards, we can help you out! At Clintons we have cards for every occasion and for everyone. Whether you’re looking a card to send to your Grandma in Switzerland or your cousins in Scotland, you can find it with us.