Security & Privacy
1. What personal information do we collect about you?
In the course of using the Site or participating in the Rewards Scheme we may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal information about you:
(i) Information about your visits to and use of the Site.
(ii) Information about transactions carried out between you and us, including information, such as payment details such as debit/credit card details, in relation to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
(iii) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of joining the Rewards Scheme, registering with us, subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications. This may include your name, postal and email address and contact telephone numbers.
(iv) Records of any correspondence between you and us.
(v) Any information that you provide in response to surveys, if you choose to respond to them.
(vi) Any information collected through any social media functionality that may be made available via the Site.
From time to time you may also choose to provide us with additional information, for example in response to online services or if you choose to take part in online competitions.
You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date.
Please note that we will never ask you to confirm any personal details, log-in details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraud.
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect information via the Site from those we know are under the age of 13.
2. What other information do we collect about your website visits?
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to the Site, such as:
- The date and time that your device accesses the Site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on the Site and how long you were on the Site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Site.
- The web browser you use and your device's operating system.
- The site you were on before you linked to the Sites (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
This information does not itself identify you by name. However if you have logged in to an account on the Site at the time that we record this information, we may be able to match these details back to you.
We may use this information in the administration of the Site, to improve the Site's usability, to develop and improve the products and services that we offer, and for marketing purposes.
Please see our Cookies Policy for more information about the way in which the Site stores or accesses information on the device that you use in order to access the Site and the ways in which you can change this.
3. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted on this Site or through the Rewards Scheme will be used for the following purposes:
- Making the Site available for you and delivering to you the functions, products and services offered through the Site.
- Processing orders for products and services and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders.
- Operating the Rewards Scheme and processing details of your purchases through it.
- Dealing with any queries that you raise with us and to keep a record of our dealings with you.
- Notifying you of any changes or improvements to the Site or the Rewards Scheme.
- Protecting us, our suppliers and our customers.
- Helping us understand how people use the Site, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns and to help us improve the Site generally.
- Helping us to understand what products and services our customers like or may wish to receive, to improve our existing products and services and to develop new products and services.
- Improving your browsing experience by personalising the Site and providing content tailored to you.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing communications, contacting you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you.
From time to time we may also ask you whether we can use particular information that you provide us for other purposes. For example we may ask you if you are happy for us to pass your details to carefully selected companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing this then we may also use that information for the additional purposes that you have agreed.
4. Disclosure & sharing of information
We will only share personal information with people or organizations other than Clintons and our group of companies in the following circumstances:
To provide products and services to us or on our behalf
(i) Contractors used to host, operate and maintain the Site on our behalf.
(ii) Contractors used to process and fulfil orders that you place with us and to take payments for those orders.
(iii) Organisations that we appoint to handle marketing communications or to provide marketing and advertising services.
(iv) Organisations that we appoint to assist in operating the Rewards Scheme.
With your consent
We may share personal information with people or organizations where we have your consent to do so.
If we sell or consider selling any part of our business
We may share personal information with potential purchasers of any business which we are considering selling as well as with their advisors but only for use in connection with that sale (or its evaluation) and subject to appropriate confidentiality and security obligations.
For legal reasons
We may share personal information with other people or organizations where we consider in good faith that one or more of the following circumstances apply:
(i) It is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
(ii) Any applicable laws specifically permit us to make the disclosure. For example UK privacy laws permit us to disclose personal information where necessary in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, for the prevention and detection of crime and for certain other purposes.
(iii) It is required to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Where we do disclose your information to our contractors, we require them to process the information only in accordance with our instructions and to take appropriate measures to keep the information secure.
5. International data transfers
6. Security of your personal data
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to seek to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you make with us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Site. We will not be liable for loss or interception of this data unless this is caused by our failure to take reasonable steps to keep your data secure.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You have a number of rights under English law (and in particular the Data Protection Act 1998, referred to in this policy as the “Act”) in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You can obtain further information about your rights from the UK’s Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk.
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to the statutory fee, towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you (currently £10).
You have the right to have information about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details provided via the Site, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. Changes to your personal details where you have joined the Rewards Scheme through one of our stores should be provided to a member of staff in store, and your details will then be updated. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate personal details and update it as necessary.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes (for example, when you join the Rewards Scheme). We will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes in each email that we send to you. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Third party websites
The Site contains links to and from other websites, including sites operated by third parties. We have no control over those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.